About Church Urban Fund
CUF was established by the Church of England as a practical response to unmet need and has been active in local communities for over 30 years.
We work through three core organisational streams, to deliver our vision of people and communities all over England flourishing and enjoying life in all its fullness. These are: Together Network, Near Neighbours, and Just Finance Foundation.
The Growing Good Team
The Growing Good Toolkit has been developed by CUF with the support of the Growing Good reference group* and led by Dr Jessamin Birdsall, Head of Research and Evaluation and Polly Taylor, Project Manager.
The team are grateful to the congregations, church leaders and individuals who shared their stories with us.
- Presence: St John's, Hoxton
- Perseverance: Excel Church, Bilston
- Hospitality: BRIDGES, Kent
- Adaptability: St John's, Southall
- Participation: St John the Baptist, Crewe
The Growing Good Toolkit films were made by Adrian Serecut, producer/director and presented by Reverend Lynne Cullens and Lauren Simpson.
*Growing Good Reference Group
- Alastair McKay - Executive Director, Reconciling Initiatives
- Steve Jones - Senior Pastor, Oxford Community Church
- Heather Black - Programme Leader, Mustard Seed
- Dave Champness - NECN Evangelism Consultant, Diocese of Blackburn Vision Consultant
- Hannah Buck - Lead Development Worker, Transforming Notts Together
- Cassius Francis - Just Finance Development Worker
- Adrian Newman - Bishop-in-Residence, Church Urban Fund
The GRA:CE research project and Growing Good Toolkit have been generously supported by the Sir Halley Stewart Trust.